Assistant/Coordinator, Digital Marketing - Pop / Dance
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 1984, Def Jam Recordings has represented the cutting-edge in hip-hop music for more than 35 years. Def Jam began as a maverick independent label inspired by downtown New York City's vibrant street culture and the emerging sound of hip-hop, pioneered by iconic stars like LL Cool J, Slick Rick, The Beastie Boys and Public Enemy. Over the following two decades, Def Jam established its dominance with superstar acts like Jay-Z, DMX, Ja Rule, Method Man & Redman, Ludacris, Rihanna, Jeezy, and the inimitable Kanye West. Now in its fourth decade, Def Jam's music and lifestyle has grown into a global brand – synonymous with creativity, quality and authenticity – encompassing a diverse roster of marquee and emerging stars like West, Justin Bieber, Alessia Cara, Logic, Pusha T, Jadakiss, Vince Staples, Jeremih, Big Sean, YG, 2 Chainz, Dave East, and Jhene Aiko, among others. Today, Def Jam has reaffirmed its passion for and commitment to hip-hop culture, and has expanded its global brand reach to become the most-followed major label on all major social media platforms.
Def Jam Recordings is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the SVP of Commerce and the Commerce and Digital Marketing teams. Responsibilities include assisting all senior level team members (3) with daily administrative tasks including website maintenance, scheduling, distribution of department reports and playlist curation.
How you'll CREATE:
• Responsible for assisting the department head with daily administrative tasks and research
• Administrative duties include scheduling, meeting notes, invoice processing, booking travel, expense reports and create meeting PowerPoints
• Effectively manage the SVP's time by prioritizing meetings and projects accordingly
• Def Jam.com website updates and Def Jam playlist curation
• Create and circulate weekly consumption and social reports within the department, label and with partners
• Digital asset creation which can include, image graphics, GIFs and memes
• Maintain database of department project documents, Monday.com, Slack along with artist social lists, managers database, fan sites, influencers, and VIP list
• Work cross-functionally to execute a digital strategy with label peers
• Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• 1 to 3 years related experience in music, agency or technology industries.
• Effective organizational skills and attention to detail
• Mastery of Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, Google Docs, Concur, Uniport
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
• Must display keen interest in digital business, technology and social media
• Must be a team player that values the success of the overall group
• The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who is able to perform well under pressure and enjoys working in a fluid environment.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Winter Break'', Wellness Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r10zbe-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.