Remote / Virtual
Verve Label Group is comprised of some of the greatest label partner imprints in jazz, classical, and beyond including Verve Records, impulse!, and Verve Forecast, Decca Records US, Decca Classics, Deutsche Grammophon, ECM, among others. VLG's current roster includes Jon Batiste, Samara Joy, Max Richter, Cynthia Erivo, Ólafur Arnalds, Tank and the Bangas, Andrea Bocelli, Shabaka Hutchings, Kurt Vile, Madison Cunningham, and many more.
Verve Label Group is looking for an A&R Assistant who has superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines and can juggle multiple critical requests. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and work on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. A ''can-do'' attitude is essential.
How you'll CREATE:
• Provide general administrative support for A&R Executives, including scheduling of meetings, booking Artist and A&R team travel and expense submissions in a timely manner
• Prepare for A&R presentations, meeting agendas + recaps and participate in presentations to the label on new signings
• Work alongside the A&R Manager to coordinate delivery of audio assets to the internal archival team as well as Atmos mixing and delivery
• Work hand in hand with A&R Manager to collect credits for both digital metadata and physical packaging copy for album releases – communicating with artist management, producers, producer managers, mixers, and engineers
• Help with recording sessions i.e., booking studio time and rental equipment as needed/applicable
• Lead on awards submission, preparation and completion
• Attend showcases and performances of prospective signings; help evaluate submissions for potential signings
• Pull reports from playlisting (and apps like Discover, Chartmetric) and deliver results (i.e., interesting/viable artists for signing, etc) to the A&R staff
• Scout artists for potential signing to the label, send playlist to A&R staff on a weekly basis; festival scouting research as applicable
• Handle ticket buys for A&R staff scouting
• Additional duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• 1-2 years of administrative experience
• Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and organizational skills
• Be solutions-oriented
• Ability to work under high pressure and speed
• A sense of discretion for sensitive and confidential information
• Flexible and able to multi-task
• Deep interest and excitement for the current roster and enjoy seeing live music
• An understanding of the label's roster and musical history
• In touch with current trends, artists and digital media
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners and clients
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
• Great social and interpersonal skills
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Company Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Check out our full overview of benefits on the Perks Playlist page of the career site.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah.
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpoeq4-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.