Remote / Virtual
Ubisoft Toronto is one of the largest development studios within Ubisoft, employing talented people from around the world. We create worlds and tell stories that grip you, inspire you and challenge you. Since opening in 2010, we have shipped innovative game projects on some of Ubisoft's biggest brands: Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, For Honor and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft Toronto, we are always striving to get better, be better and do better – embracing innovative ideas, exploring new technologies, and working together courageously and collaboratively.
What you'll do as a Voice Designer:
• Participate in the integration of voice / dialogue in the game;
• Plan voice-recordings in collaboration with third-party providers;
• Collect and organize the available data (Mocap recordings, studio recordings, ADR, robo-voice, etc..);
• Attend Voiceover and MoCap sessions in-house or in external studios;
• Participate in the preparation and development of voice content for Performance Capture sessions;
• Develop and carry out sound treatment of voice where the voice requires effects;
• Participate in the planning of the voice production in collaboration with the Audio Director;
• Make sure that the voice quality/levels meets the standard set by the Audio Director;
• Debug, maintain and ensure the final product quality;
• Carry out all other related tasks.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. If you are excited about the role, we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the qualifications listed below.
• Extensive scripting, post-production and voice production knowledge;
• Extensive knowledge of audio processes & DAW software (ie. ProTools or Reaper);
• Experience of working with game engines and audio middleware is a plus;
• Able to work under pressure in a sound team with other voice and sound designers;
• Knowledge of voice and voice history in video games and experience in the field a major asset;
• Has shipped a game or completed a large project in the entertainment industry ;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to quickly learn new software and direct voice recording sessions;
• Diploma in sound design or equivalent training or experience;
• 5+ years' of experience working with voice over related tasks in the film, TV, and/or video game industry.
• A hybrid, flexible work model
• Five weeks of vacation + one week office closure around the December holidays
• An enhanced parental leave program
• Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
• Disability Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Extended medical insurance
• (Optional) RRSP contribution
• Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
• Bonus (If Applicable)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2ykj-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams