Remote / Virtual
Development Tester - Rocksmith+ - Temporary
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person to work with us on Rocksmith+. Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 10 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. The studio is currently working on innovative new titles with Rocksmith+ and XDefiant.
This is a Hybrid role with occasional onsite at our SF Studio and requires location based in the Bay Area.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Communicate directly with development teams, QA lead and other development testers (locally and from external studios)
• Perform regular tests on the product and tools in order to ensure product quality
• Report issues encountered using a standardized format that can be easily identified and reproduced by other teams
• Validate high risk changes and new features to ensure stability and functionality
• Deliver feedback and bug reports to the development team on a regular basis as well as on-demand
• Create, maintain and execute test plans based on specific areas as well as improve upon the process throughout the project
• Create internal and public known issues/release notes
• Gameplay footage capture
• Maintain open communication and assist the functionality test teams
• Assist with playtest preparation and support
• Troubleshooting support for issues encountered by internal and public users
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
• Experience on a similar position of at least 12 months
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Adapt easily to platform and workload variations
• Comfortable with writing test-cases and setting up test procedures
• Experience with JIRA or other bug-tracking/database systems
• Experience creating and maintaining documentation
• Self-motivated and proactive in bug tracking practices
• Critical thinker with attention to detail
• Guitar, bass, piano and/or other musical instrument skills is a huge plus
• A passion for games & music
• Ability to work from the office to perform tests, assist with team playthroughs, meetings, and other work that requires access to equipment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ppoq-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams