The Visual Effects Artist implements, under supervision, video game special effects in accordance with a project's artistic direction and production deadlines. They have strong artistic skills, and an understanding of the technical constraints on the target platforms.
Using a variety of particle systems, create all aspects of special effects artwork:
• Particle system templates and animation
• Particle textures
• Particle models (as necessary)
Good knowledge of in-game special effects, including:
• Full screen filters
• Post processing
What you will do:
• Coming with creative ideas and solutions to the assigned tasks and proactively communicate task status to your peers, customers, and Leads.
• Correct defects discovered by QC or your customers in a timely fashion.
• Work within the technical limitations of a variety of game engines.
• Collaborate with Graphics Technical Artist to ensure necessary technology/features are present in order to reach the visual benchmarks.
• Share artistic knowledge with Artists, support them when needed.
• Experienced in modeling, texture, lighting and image processing or other relevant experience.
• Must be proficient in Photoshop, After Effects, or equivalent tools.
• Good knowledge of 3DS Max particles/dynamics systems, and special effects creation.
Your other advantages:
• Educational background in game-oriented visual effects, or equivalent training is a plus.
• Good understanding of art fundamentals: color theory, lighting, shape, composition, etc.
• Creative and be able to adapt to a variety of art styles.
• Good organizational and analytical skills, and able to solve problems.
• Passion for creating and playing games, regardless of platform or genre.
• Able to work under pressure and take constructive criticism.
• Good communication skills. English ability is a plus.
• Scripting skills (Max Script, Python, HLSL) is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xq9m-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.