VFX Artist (F/M/NB)
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy's: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep and more recently Riders Republic!
On top of our AAA production, we are working on innovation with a technological expertise hub around the Snowdrop engine pipeline, and Technology Group in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal.
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between the lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Ubisoft Annecy is looking for a VFX Artist (W/M/NB) to join and drive VFX in our project which is charge of developing a AAA game.
Your main mission will be:
• Create and implement video game special effects in accordance with a project's artistic direction and production deadlines.
• VFX textures, animations, shaders, materials creation
• Realtime Special effects conception, inspired by concept art or references.
• Provide VFX solution that fits to the game needs, artistically, technically, and game design-wise.
• Collaborate with game design teams to provide meaningful visual feedback for the player.
• Collaborate with programming teams to assess needs and improve the VFX production pipeline
• Work within technical constraints to ensure that effects are functional and optimized;
• Ensure the proper integration of your VFX into the game engine
• Maintaining art direction and quality
• Creates and maintains workflow documentation for your team's content
You have been creating Realtime VFX during a full end-to-end game production (preferably on AA or AAA)
• You feel confident in using the following skillset:
• At ease with realistic or stylized visual styles.
• Experience with the Unreal engine and Niagara system
• Expertise in custom shader and material creation (on nodal editor ).
• Expertise in texture creation ( static or animated ).
• Mastery of a Realtime engine: Unity, Unreal Engine…
• Good knowledge of Realtime particles/dynamics systems, and special effects creation
• Good understanding of art fundamentals: color theory, lighting, shape, composition, etc
• Capacity to sort tasks by project priorities, provide production visibility, manage priorities and career evolutions of a small team, and become an ambassador of the game vision within the team.
• Autonomy and ideation: the capacity to embrace the art vision and become a problem solver.
• You have excellent communication skills that enable you to collaborate with other departments and act as a bridge between your areas of expertise to enrich gameplay, accessibility and player experience.
• Able to communicate in English
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2bob2-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams