Technical Lead (UI Programming) [Far Cry Project]
Ubisoft Toronto is one of the largest development studios within Ubisoft, employing talented people from around the world. We create worlds and tell stories that grip you, inspire you and challenge you. Since opening in 2010, we have shipped innovative game projects on some of Ubisoft's biggest brands: Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, For Honor and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft Toronto, we are always striving to get better, be better and do better – embracing innovative ideas, exploring new technologies, and working together courageously and collaboratively.
What you'll do as a Technical Lead:
• Define the technical vision within the project's UI team + plan its technical roadmap.
• Regularly meet with your programming team to: discuss progress; tackle setbacks; share updates; present features; give feedback; informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks and issues; etc.
• Mentor and motivate programmers to develop their technical skills + provide them with what they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, pipelines, etc.);
• Write elegant code customized to the hardware you're working with;
• Provide technical oversight by reviewing code and making technical validations;
• Anticipate and assess complex, escalated issues + propose adapted solutions;
• Sync up with other technical leads to remove blockers and keep production moving forward;
• Communicate with interdependent teams on other projects to exchange information;
• Stay up to date on technological advancements and industry standards to define our best practices + share them with our studios.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. If you are excited about the role, we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the qualifications listed below.
• A deep understanding of a variety of game engines, systems, programming languages, interdependencies, and critical issues;
• The ability to make informed, immediate decisions with minimal long-term impacts;
• A strategic approach to problem-solving: you don't just patch problems, you solve them so that they never happen again;
• Excellent mentorship, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
• A highly innovative and collaborative spirit;
• Effective cross-departmental communication: you can easily communicate with all disciplines + break down complex information for various audiences;
• A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills;
• 7+ years of C++ programming experience;
• An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent training or relevant experience .
• A hybrid, flexible work model
• Five weeks of vacation + one week office closure around the December holidays
• An enhanced parental leave program
• Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
• Disability Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Extended medical insurance
• (Optional) RRSP contribution
• Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
• Bonus (If Applicable)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj7kk0-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.