- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWith a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team has just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
As a Technical Design Director at Ubi Quebec, you're the link between a design vision and its technical implementation.
With a high-level understanding of our tech, plus visibility on the project as a whole, you provide expert insight, tools, and support to steer a game – and its creators – towards success.
Though every day of development brings its own mix of anticipated and unforeseen challenges, you never lose sight of the big picture. As a strategic thinker and tactical planner, you balance short-term priorities with long-term goals to efficiently handle whatever comes your way, while consistently considering the future impacts of your choices.
Thanks to your knowledge, adaptability, and willingness to help, not only can team members on your project look to you for information and direction, but so can others. You're a go-to person for guidance and a valuable resource for Ubisoft employees worldwide.
What you'll do
• Collaborate with other core team members to develop the overall vision & determine technical feasibility of your area of ownership (e.g. AI, mission, world, cinematics, etc.).
• Identify and analyze risks (engine, data, features, etc.).
• Assess existing tools + occasionally design custom ones to support design pipelines and workflows.
• Train team members on tools and techniques + raise awareness of new processes.
• Assist content creators with their technical needs & bridge communication between design and programming.
• Review and give your input on integrated work & find solutions to fix bugs.
• Maintain technical documentation (e.g. procedures, how-to guides, etc.).
• Prepare post-mortems + recommend ways to evolve how we create and integrate data.
• Anticipate technological advancements and stay up to date on market trends to define our best practices + share them with our studios.
• Participate in recruitment to build the technical design team & foster their growth.
What you bring
• A college diploma in Game Design or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
• At least 7 years of experience in the video game industry or other related experience + 3 years of leadership experience
• In-depth knowledge of game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) & their limitations and the Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• Familiarity with bug tracking software (e.g. Jira), version management systems (e.g. Perforce), and basic programming
• A highly innovative, collaborative, empathetic, and solution-oriented spirit
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, mentorship, and presentation skills
• Critical thinking, time management, and organizational capabilities
• Attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
What to send our way
• Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and games shipped
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv8nmw-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams