Technical Designer (567)
At Ubisoft, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritising equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.
As a Technical Designer, you'll enjoy being the owner of game features that provide a level of autonomy and contribute to the team and project deployment of content. You'll thrive in an environment that allows you to be a key driver in providing the necessary tools that develop, maintain and sustain the game pipeline. You'll see the bigger picture, championing best practices, guidelines and standards to help balance the creative vision with technical constraints.
You're looking for a creatively rewarding, exciting opportunity to work on a new type of open-world experience, that provides stimulating challenges that have yet to be explored in the gaming industry.
You will collaborate and communicate with finesse and ease, conversing with a dynamic and diverse group of gifted designers and programmers to ensure momentum and steer the project through each stage of the process. You are that trusted colleague, that your peers can count on when requiring a resolution.
As our next Technical Designer, you'll be accountable for 'bridging the gap' between design and programming to ensure optimum production efficiency and product quality, therefore a good sense of curiosity, autonomy and communication is imperative.
What you'll bring
• Have collaborated with multisite and/or multidisciplinary teams
• Understanding of technical game development (visual scripting, 3D engines etc).
• Experienced with commercial game development
• Knowledge of other disciplines, such as game design, gameplay programming and level design.
Joining Ubisoft, you'll be part of the next big IP in AAA gaming. We're at the early stage of production, so you'll play a pivotal part in the development, progress and success of the project.
You'll build upon your ongoing success and place your own stamp by applying your passion for design and help shape our games, people and our collective future. The creative freedom that we offer will be key in your continuous development in the business.
What we'll provide
• Everything you need to keep your life in balance - hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave plus Christmas shutdown and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
• Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance and more
• Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
• Investment in our community with paid volunteering days
• Fun and entertainment with free games, activities and celebrations
• Generous relocation support - should you need it
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world's most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We'd love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Luke Murtagh, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
• Website: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections
• TA Partner: https://www.linkedin.com/in/luke-murtagh-recruitment/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Ubisoft.Reflections
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/UbiReflections
• Linkedin Reflections: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-reflections
At Ubisoft Reflections, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered, and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritizing equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb284o-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.