Ubisoft San Francisco is seeking a tools / pipeline technical artist to join our development team on XDefiant. Along with your passion for games, you will work with the Technical Art and Animation teams to improve workflows and build systems that streamline art assets throughout the development process.
You'll also be part of the diverse Ubisoft San Francisco team. We embrace a variety of work situations based on what is best for the team, and we welcome people working in our SF office, remotely within the continental US, or some combination of the two. We put a priority on supporting our team members and what makes them happiest and most productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Design, develop and implement tools to manage art assets into the game engine, automate production software tracking and data, and ensure that assets are optimized
• You will support artists and resolve technical issues as they arise during production, and guide on best practices to ensure consistency in process and data-flow between departments and teams
• Be part of a dedicated team of tech artists to build and enhance a core pipeline for Art and our Animation teams
• Support Art and Animation throughout production process and remove technical roadblocks as arise
• Automate and optimize inefficient workflows and processes
• Develop tools and systems across departments and serve as the liaison between art and engineering
• Collaborate with engineers on technical design and workflow solutions
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
• Mid to Senior level of experience as a tools and pipeline technical artist in the games industry or similar
• Experience with 3d game engines
• Advanced knowledge of Python scripting
• Expertise in applications like Maya, Houdini, Designer
• UX / UI experience
• Excellent communication skills and ability to translate between technical and artistic language
• Experience working in R&D environments
• Experience with C++
• Experience with production management software such as JIRA, Shotgun, etc.
• Experience with Motion Capture pipelines and workflows
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1wpp0-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.