Remote / Virtual
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Based in Osaka, Japan, the studio formerly known as Digital Kids was acquired by Ubisoft in 2008. Since then, the studio has accumulated extensive development experience across console, handheld, and mobile platforms.
Ubisoft Osaka developed ''South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™'' in collaboration with Ubisoft's San Francisco studio, and now produces AAA-level titles such as ''Rocksmith+'' and '' XDefiant''.
In the future, the company plans to leverage its close working relationship with Ubisoft San Francisco to expand the size of the studio while focusing on the development of further AAA projects.
Ubisoft's worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player's lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
We are looking for a Technical Artist, specializing in shader development, that has a keen eye for optimization. You will be responsible for creating shaders using both visual scripting and HLSL, while ensuring optimal performance across various gaming platforms. You will collaborate closely with artists, designers, and engineers to bridge the gap between artistic and technical implementation. Your expertise will be instrumental in creating visually stunning and high-performing games that captivate millions of players worldwide, while working with the entire back catalog of Ubisoft games!
• Shader Development:
• Create and optimize shaders to achieve desired visual effects.
• Develop custom shaders for characters, environments, and special effects to elevate the overall aesthetics of the game.
• Stay updated with industry trends and emerging shader techniques to continuously improve the visual quality of our games.
• Game Optimization:
• Identify and resolve performance problems by profiling and optimizing GPU and CPU usage.
• Collaborate with engineers to implement optimizations, such as LOD systems, occlusion culling, and asset streaming.
• Ensure the game runs smoothly on target platforms, maintaining a consistent frame rate.
• Cross-functional Collaboration:
• Work closely with artists and designers to understand their creative vision and provide technical solutions to achieve it.
• Collaborate with engineers to integrate and iterate on shaders and optimizations within the game engine.
• Share your knowledge and mentor team members to improve their understanding of shaders and optimization techniques.
• Documentation and Best Practices:
• Document shader and optimization workflows, best practices, and guidelines to ensure knowledge sharing within the team.
• Help maintain a repository of reusable shaders.
• Work seamlessly with cross-functional teams and artists located in various studios across different continents.
• Overcome communication challenges associated with different time zones, languages, and cultural nuances, fostering effective collaboration and understanding.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, Computer Graphics, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
• Proven experience in shader development for real-time game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.).
• Good understanding of graphics programming languages (HLSL).
• Proficiency in profiling and optimizing games for multiple platforms.
• Knowledge of 3D modeling and animation software.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• A passion for gaming and a keen eye for visual aesthetics.
• Business level English language skills with some Japanese language ability or business Japanese language skills with some English language ability.
If you're a technically skilled artist excited about shader development, game optimization, and contributing to the creation of exceptional games, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, portfolio showcasing your shader work, and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and passion for game development.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1456m-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams