Technical Art Generalist - Contract
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person to work with us on XDefiant, a new multiplatform online multiplayer action game. XDefiant is a free-to-play, fast-paced arena shooter that combines intense gunplay with personalized loadouts and specialized factions, as teams of gunfighters battle for domination.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• You'll collect art assets from our outsourcers and set them up to render appropriately in our game engine.
• Adjust the Maya scenes (e.g. UVs, LODs) as needed.
• Perform integration based on the check sheet/worksheet created beforehand.
• Focus on improving the assets to improve their artistic value in game.
• Working directly in the graph editor in our game engine.
• Adjusting the textures and materials we receive from outsourcing to make them work correctly with our engine and shaders.
• Assure assets are of the highest technical quality.
• Collaborate with the Art Leads to deliver the art vision within the project requirements.
• Remain informed of new technical and technological developments to be able to apply these developments on the project whenever relevant and share project developments with peers.
• Drive optimization and debugging to fix issues raised.
• Develop or find the best tools and methods possible for improving and facilitating the work of the artists.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
• 2+ years experience in video game production or equivalent
• Portfolio showing 3D art and composition skills, demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity in lighting, colors and art composition
• Knowledge of an asset management system (ex : Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain)
• Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and commitment to maintaining high standards of work
• Knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal map, displacement etc.) is a plus
• Knowledge of Maya/3ds Max, Houdini, Substance Designer, Painter, Python, MEL, MAXScript is a plus
• Knowledge of a programming language (C++, C# etc.) is a plus
• Solid technical background with an artistic sense in lighting, colors and art composition
• Previous experience with getting game assets into engine
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy1eym-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.