Ubisoft's 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin's Creed® titles since Assassin's Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin's Creed® III, Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin's Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
As a Technical Art Director you have the highest understanding of the hybrid world of Technical Art. You will be responsible for providing your expert insight to innovate on tools, pipelines and technologies to steer a game and its team members to success.
You will collaborate with other directors at the project and studio level to align on intentions, timelines, and technical factors to establish actionable plans on projects and mandates. Utilizing your extensive technical knowledge and industry experience you will identify challenges both in the short and long term while consistently considering the impact on the future.
• Collaborate with core team members to develop overall vision and determine technical feasibility and requirements
• Evaluate existing tools, pipelines and workflows to support Tech Art team and sustain the vision.
• Anticipate technological advancements and industry trends to define and share best practices with the studio
• Identify and analyse risks (engine, data, workflows, features) and propose solutions
• Collaborate with production, Technical Artists and external teams to share information, enforce standards, benchmarks and best practices.
• Resolve complex project level issues and approve technical direction specifications and decisions.
• Represent Tech Art for external studios and the industry.
• Lead, manage and encourage career and skill development for Technical Artists on the team and studio
• Drive recruitment to build the Technical Art team and staff projects.
WHAT YOU'LL PROVIDE:
• 8+ years of professional art, technical art, or programming experience.
• 3+ years of leadership experience.
• An aptitude and drive for innovation, collaboration, decision making and creative problem solving.
• Experience in real-time digital art content creation and artistic workflows
• Proven technical skills in profiling, performance and optimization
• Proficiency in 2D/3D art software (Photoshop, Substance Designer, ZBrush, 3DS Max, Maya, Houdini)
• In-Depth knowledge of game engines (Proprietary, Unreal, Unity)
• Understanding of scripting languages (Python, C#, Max Script)
• Familiarity with bug tracking software (JIRA) and management systems (Perforce)
• Interest and experience in multiple areas of game development (Modelling & Texturing, Physics simulations, Destruction, VFX, Lighting, Rendering, Post Processes, Procedural, Rigging and Animation, Shaders)
• Industry experience developing AAA titles for current console hardware on all production phases (Minimum 4 titles)
• Critical thinking, time management, and organizational capabilities.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, mentorship and presentation skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb20me-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.