Ubisoft's 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto is one of the largest development studios within Ubisoft, employing talented developers from around the world. We create worlds and tell stories that grip you, inspire you and challenge you. Since opening in 2010, we have shipped innovative game projects on some of Ubisoft's biggest brands: Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, For Honor and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft Toronto, we are always striving to get better, be better and do better – embracing innovative ideas, exploring new technologies, and working together courageously and collaboratively.
As the Team Lead, you'll work together with the Production Manager in overseeing and guiding the Concept Art department.
Provide supporting direction for work quality, establish processes and best practices, help set and stick to deadlines, following up on and validating the team's work, all while coaching team members and supporting their professional development and aspirations.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time; Toronto, Ontario; Hybrid, flexible work environment
The daily life of a Team Lead at Ubisoft Toronto
• Create benchmark quality assets to exemplify visual and technical quality for the members of the team.
• Know the game's story and gameplay, its game design documents, and understand the technical and artistic constraints, relaying them to the team.
• Review and critique the art team's work and when required, provide the necessary coaching and guidance for them to meet the benchmark.
• Create, prioritize, and assign tasks, and follow-up on the advancement of deliverables.
• Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to the team's work.
• Report regularly to the Production Manager on the advancement of the team's work and recommend corrective measures where necessary to meet project deliverables.
• Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts, recommending solutions to the Production Manager.
• Work with leads and directors, across departments, to ensure clear communication and collaboration between teams.
• Represent the concept art team in meetings and communicate updates on their behalf.
• Mentor team members on technical and artistic aspects.
• Take part in performance assessments of team members in collaboration with the Production Manager.
• Ensure that new team members are onboarded and integrated in the team.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. If you are excited about the role, we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the qualifications listed below.
• A thorough understanding of the game production lifecycle, from ideation to production and through to shipping.
• Strong knowledge of visual story telling.
• Familiarity video game with the concept art pipelines.
• Effective organizational skills like time management, planning, communication.
• Knowledge of the technical constraints of real time, 3D engines and level editors.
• Databases knowledge such as: Jira, Perforce or others are an asset.
• Knowledge of game production working units is an asset.
• Around 5 years' experience in video game art production (or other relevant experience).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7w84p-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.