Red Storm Entertainment is looking for an experienced Senior UX Designer to join our studio! As an integral part of our UI and UX team and in collaboration with Artists, Designers, and Engineers, you will help create clear, meaningful, and memorable user experiences for our players through your expertise with information and interaction design.
We welcome people working in our Cary studio or remotely within the continental US.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Design innovative, intuitive, and fun interactions and user experiences informed by our players goals, user research, and usage data.
• Plan, prioritize and iterate on the design for new and existing experiences in collaboration with Game Design, Production, and other key stakeholders.
• Maintain design documentation from conception through implementation and iteration including detailed user flows, user journeys, information architecture, storyboards, wireframes, and control schemes.
• Develop and curate a project design system to ensure a consistent user experience, allow our product to scale efficiently over time, and improve collaboration with other teams through a shared knowledge base.
• Be self-directed; work independently and collaboratively with team members to solve UX challenges.
• Provide mentorship to other UX designers and contribute to the shared knowledge of user-centered design, design methodologies, and best practices with the team as a whole.
• Communicate and collaborate with all members of the team, helping to establish and maintain team culture.
• 5+ years of game development experience as a UX Designer or equivalent
• An advocate for our players, adept at identifying and designing information, interactions, and interfaces for them – considering their mental models, cognitive load, and access and abilities.
• Well versed in user-centered design including accessibility best practices and Universal Design.
• Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of Figma and other design wireframing and prototyping tools
• Extensive knowledge of UX in games across multiple genres on all platforms
• Strong artistic, verbal and written communication skills
• Able to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas at a high level within a tight schedule.
• Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines and personality types.
• Ability to provide constructive feedback and help establish best practices.
• A willingness to observe, absorb, and adapt to work based on continued learning and team and player feedback.
• Serves as a culture leader, setting and maintaining the tone and morale for the department.
It is a bonus if you have:
• A desire to grow into a leadership role.
• Proven experience developing UX for a AAA production from conception through to release.
• Experience communicating and collaborating across large local and distributed teams.
• Portfolio showing a wide range of work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5nje1-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.