Senior Tools Programmer [Anno] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft's 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft's biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Anno is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
As a Senior Tools Programmer you belong to Anno's Tools Department. It will be your mission to take ownership of our tool pipeline and to improve it in close collaboration with other departments. Thanks to your taking ownership and improvement of the pipeline you make everyone else's life easier and help us deliver an outstanding product and game experience.
Acting both as an experienced programmer and a direction-providing mentor for less experienced colleagues, you reduce overhead and support the team so they can focus on game development. You will be responsible to develop, design and maintain the tool stack for all Anno products. These tools can vary from visual tools for the art department, game configuration tools for game designers to utilities for developers. The main technologies you will work with are C#, WPF, and C++/CLI.
What you will do:
• Develop, maintain and extend our core tools
• Coach and mentor other members of the Tools team, empowering them to innovate
• Determine and correct tools-bugs identified by your colleagues
• Analyze existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced to fulfill the intentions of the project - Suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems
• Working on the Game Engine pipeline
• Ensuring the development, maintenance, documentation, and overall quality (including implementation, performance, stability and usability) of the tools and modules
• Follow and contribute to development standards and processes
• Participate in the development and maintenance of shared tools and components
What you bring:
• Proficient in C# and C++/CLI
• Self-organized and structured attitude
• A good understanding of WPF, and the model to support it (MVVM)
• Excellent teamwork abilities
• Motivated to make designer's and artist's life easier
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Fluent in English
What to send our way:
• Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
• A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
• Any relevant code/work samples you can provide are highly appreciated
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz42b1-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.