Senior Technical Artist (597) [NEW IP]
At Ubisoft, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritising equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.
As a Senior Technical Artist you enjoy collaborating with our art, design and programming teams to ensure that art elements are optimized for performance and meet technical requirements. As a problem solver, your role largely involves developing and maintaining art pipelines and tools to streamline the asset creation process, along with being a mentor to some of the less experienced team members.
As our next Senior Technical Artist, you will play an integral part in creating tools and implementing UI art assets for the HUD, buttons, icons and menus.
You will help ensure that the UI assets are optimized while maintaining a high standard of work and promoting best practice. You will also provide support not just to the UI Art team, but also to GPPs, Design and UX teams.
To you, it's an opportunity to work on something new and exciting, a unique and varied role in a project that piques your interest and pushes your boundaries. You're the kind of person who understands the value of collaboration and clear communication. You enjoy being a mentor to others and value the opportunity to play a key part in an important project.
What you'll bring
At Ubisoft, we aim to be a destination of choice for the best talent. We want people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our studios to success.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in game development as a Technical Artist.
• Proven experience of mentoring and supporting less experienced team members to enable them to progress and succeed.
• Strong Proficiency in industry-standard 3D software such as Maya, 3ds Max and Houdini.
• Strong knowledge of game engines.
• Experience with scripting languages such as C# or Python.
• Strong understanding of optimization techniques for real-time rendering.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
Joining Ubisoft, you'll be part of an inclusive global brand. With us, you will build upon your ongoing success and place your stamp on the production of our games and the development of our people. You'll have the prestige of developing and producing exciting world-class AAA games and help showcase our studios as a market leader within our industry.
With us, you will find your future in one of the strongest knowledge bases in the games industry coupled with brilliant opportunities for career progression on a critically acclaimed brand portfolio.
What we'll provide
We put our people first through nurturing their creativity and wellbeing and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world.
• Everything you need to keep your life in balance - hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave, Christmas shutdown, and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
• Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance, and more
• Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
• Investment in our community - with paid volunteering days
• Fun and entertainment - with free games, activities, and celebrations
• Generous relocation support - should you need it
Positive mental health and wellbeing at work are priorities for us. We are a Gold Employer in the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index, and partners of Safe in Our World. We run an inclusive Wellbeing Champions programme and provide a wide range of training and resources to support all of our people to proactively discuss and manage their own mental health, as well as support their team members.
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world's most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We'd love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Aaron Hooper, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
• Website: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections
• TA Partner: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaronhooperrecruiter/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Ubisoft.Reflections
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/UbiReflections
• Linkedin Reflections: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-reflections
• Linkedin Leamington: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-leamington
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy1n6-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.