Sr. VFX Artist - R&D Office
About Ubisoft & Ubisoft Shanghai
Ubisoft's 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As Ubisoft's first production studio in China, Ubisoft Shanghai opened its door in 1996 and has been at the forefront of the Chinese game industry. It has been working on major Ubisoft brands such as Splinter Cell®, Assassin's Creed®, Might & Magic®, Just Dance®, Far Cry® and Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™.
With our mission to leverage our presence in China, bring a stronger long-term added value to the group, 600+ talents from around the world have jointly developed a world-class expertise in development of open world and wildlife in AAA games, as well as mobile games and live operations.
About the Role
As a senior model artist, you will utilize your experience in game development to focus on the realistic creation of art content specifically building and props of all kinds! You will make use of technical and creative resources to achieve consistency of art throughout the project. You will collaborate with other artists and designers to achieve team and project goals.
What you will do
• Responsible for constructing models & texture of various environment assets, specifically the props and hard-surface (weapon and vehicle) even building.
• Use art 3D development tools while maintaining polygon budget, platform restrictions, and technology limitations.
• Cooperate with other teams (Concept team, technical team and vendors) outside of graphics as necessary to bring tasks to completion;
• Continuously learn new graphics tools and processes in line with the requirements;
• Design the model based on origin concept reference from lead studio
• Complete outsourcing management, quality audit and task reviews independently;
What you will bring
• Proven knowledge in Architecture, Design
• Proven experiences in art production and model review, preferably western realistic style in the video games industry
• Proven experience in art 3D development tools (Maya & Max, Photoshop, Substance, Zbrush, etc.)
• Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices
• Proactive problem solver, willing to investigate all aspects of the issue to seek resolution
• Logical, organized, and detail-oriented, able to focus on quality and deadlines simultaneously
• Task-driven with good time management skills, ability to work independently as well as a good team player
• Shipped at least 2 AAA Projects;
• Better with management experience and vendor management experience;
• Able to communicate with lead studio with clear thinking;
• Familiar with game production pipeline and art workflow, also with high art aesthetics;
Nice to have:
• Passionate about creating and playing video games
• Good English skills is a bonus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x88x-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams