Senior Graphics Programmer [New IP] (555)
At Ubisoft, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritising equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.
As a Senior Graphics Programmer, you will be both delivering the vision of the game as well as ensuring a great technical performance.
For this role rendering and shaders are central to what we do so you'll get to work alongside multiple teams including Tech Art and Design to create the best looking in game experiences. Predominantly working on Realtime 3D Rendering you'll be self driven and focused on what the project is set to achieve. You'll be looking out for performance issues and taking point on current Graphics functionalities while taking satisfaction from solving challenges and finding solutions that pop up along the way.
Joining as our new Senior Graphics Programmer, your ideas will be highly valued while you help shape and contribute to the direction of the engine team, as well as working alongside the Technical Art team implementing and developing new shaders.
This is a great opportunity to work on a currently unannounced AAA title and a chance to lead and develop new features within our bespoke game engine that's enabled previous titles such as Assassins Creed and Far Cry to come alive, we want you to have the freedom to test your abilities, research and implement what is possible within the realms of Rendering and Graphics Programming.
What you'll bring
At Ubisoft, we aim to be a destination of choice for the best talent. We want people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our studios to success.
• Background in performance issues and CPU usage.
• DirectX 12, or similar tools such as Vulcan.
• De-bugging tools such as RenderDoc.
• Experience in Realtime 3D rendering.
• Extensive knowledge of C++.
Joining Ubisoft, you'll be part of an inclusive global brand. With us, you will build upon your ongoing success and place your stamp on the production of our games and the development of our people. You'll have the prestige of developing and producing exciting world-class AAA games and help showcase our studios as a market leader within our industry.
With us, you will find your future in one of the strongest knowledge bases in the games industry coupled with brilliant opportunities for career progression on a critically acclaimed brand portfolio.
What we'll provide
We put our people first through nurturing their creativity and well being and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world. We also value the art of collaboration and a sense of belonging which is why we've embraced a hybrid working model that requires our team members to be on-site for an average of 2 days per week, fostering a vibrant and creative work environment that unites us in pursuing our shared goals.
• Everything you need to keep your life in balance - hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave, Christmas shutdown, and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
• Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance, and more
• Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
• Investment in our community - with paid volunteering days
• Fun and entertainment - with free games, activities, and celebrations
• Generous relocation support - should you need it
Positive mental health and wellbeing at work are priorities for us. We are a Gold Employer in the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index, and partners of Safe in Our World. We run an inclusive Wellbeing Champions programme and provide a wide range of training and resources to support all of our people to proactively discuss and manage their own mental health, as well as support their team members.
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world's most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We'd love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Craig Charsley, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
• Website: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
• TA Partner: https://www.linkedin.com/in/craigcharsley
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Ubisoft.Reflections
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/UbiReflections
• Linkedin Reflections: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-reflections
• Linkedin Leamington: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-leamington
Senior Graphics Programmer
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9kyk4-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.