Ubisoft's 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we're super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones! Our other notable works include every Assassin's Creed game since Assassin's Creed II, with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
As a Senior Animator, you are expected to produce believable animation performance for in gameplay, body mechanics & facial animation objects. Setting a standard and exemplary for animators and actively participate in game development, showing abilities to influence, innovate and communicating.
• Work with the Animation Director, leads & team to establish the animation style and requirement for the project, to ensure we achieve a unified look throughout the game
• Create believable animations using mocap or handkeyed data
• Produce AAA quality animations that challenge competitors and in alignment to the game style
• Record mocap data when needed
• Innovate and prototype animation ideas for early game prototypes
• With assistance from the Tech animators, integrate animations into game engine efficiently
• Utilise Kino or animation engine tools to integrate high quality game animations
• Manipulate Game Data for animation realisation
• Organise Animation files in a systematic way in accordance to TD Animation's specifications
• Collaborate with Tech Art, Tech Animation, Design, Sound and Code to build compelling gameplay animation systems
• Collaborate with animation lead, designers, GPPs and peers to proactively solve complex problems on time
• Ensure best practices are updated and adhered to
• Strong experience in Animation, Gameplay experience is preferred but relevant exposure in body mechanics, facial animation
• Skilled in 3Ds max and Motion Builder (desirable)
• Has in game engine experience
• Nice to have experience working on AAA games
• Experience in mentorship or leadership
• Knowledge in scripting and tool creation
• Able to create character/prop rig setup
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2kze7-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.