Rigging Technical Artist - Contract
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person to work with us on XDefiant, a new multiplatform online multiplayer action game. XDefiant is a free-to-play, fast-paced arena shooter that combines intense gunplay with personalized loadouts and specialized factions, as teams of gunfighters battle for domination.
As a Technical Artist - Rigging, you will work in close collaboration with animators, modelers, and the artistic director in order to produce high-quality rigs and tools for animation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Recognize proper mesh topology as well as repair and/or give feedback to the Modeling Department or outsourcing
• Based on the models provided by the Modeling Department, carry out the rigging and skinning of weapons or characters to meet the needs of project animators and of the technical and artistic directors
• Create and use tools a to produce the best possible results and incorporate them into the project's game engine
• Implement skeleton control system to foster/simplify the work of animators
• Ensure the final result (rigging/skinning) meets the artistic standards of the project
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
• 2+ years experience in video game production or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of Maya
• Knowledge of IK and optimal pivotal points
• Knowledge of the limitations of the game engine and production needs
• Art/Animation degree or equivalent experience
NICE TO HAVE
• Knowledge of Max
• Experience with Motionbuilder
• Experience providing detailed feedback to outsourcing or co-development studios
• Python scripting for Maya/Motionbuilder tools
• Knowledge of Substance Painter and PBR workflows/constraints
• In-depth knowledge of weapons and weapons rigging
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1jbwx-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.