By controlling how game elements move and interact with each other, you'll be contributing to the game's technical development and artistic level. As an Animation Programmer, you'll be responsible for building systems and tools that will help your colleagues create fun, impressive, and engaging worlds that are reactive and alive while meeting the highest quality standards.
What you'll do
• Work with different animation, programming, and mocap teams to understand their game animation needs, constraints, and intentions to design adapted solutions.
• Analyze existing animation features in the engine + design, develop, and maintain animation systems to properly understand technological limits and know what the engine can produce.
• Build animation systems that will be the basis for creating a living, dynamic world.
• Maintain existing animation systems unique to Ubisoft and optimize the animation engine capabilities for new projects.
• Program in a clear and structured manner in keeping with performance, memory, maintenance, compatibility, and portability requirements.
• Combine the technical and artistic sides of game design and program the animation systems that will make for the best visual representation.
• Research and develop new animation techniques (ex. procedural, physics, etc.).
• Monitor the evolution of animation techniques and share your knowledge with various cross-functional teams across Ubisoft.
What you bring
• C++ and C# experience + Visual Studio knowledge
• Strong 3D math skills
• Experience with animation techniques such as rigging, state machines, physics ragdolls, inverse kinematics (IK), compression, facial animation, etc.
• Experience in the animation field to understand programming tools and how to improve them
• A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or related training)
• A good eye for detail to find even the smallest flaws in the system and optimize them
What to send our way
• Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8q21-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.