Principal Writer - AAA Project (M/NB/W)
Ubisoft's 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Principal Writer to join our dynamic team on an ambitious AAA and unannounced project. Under the responsability of the Narrative Director, you will play a crucial role in crafting compelling narratives and engaging storytelling for our game. You will collaborate closely with the creative team, including designers, artists, and developers, to develop captivating game worlds and characters.
Integrated to the Paris production team, this position can be filled remotely.
The ideal candidate has a strong passion for video games, exceptional story telling skills, a deep understanding of character, and the ability to write outstanding but naturalistic dialogue.
Your daily missions will be:
• Oversee the overall writing direction for the video game project, ensuring consistency and coherence throughout the storytelling experience,
• Provide guidance, feedback, and support to a team of writers in the creation of game scripts, dialogue, lore, and other narrative elements,
• Collaborate closely with game designers, artists, and developers to integrate the narrative seamlessly into the gameplay and ensure a cohesive player experience,
• Write and revise compelling dialogue, character biographies, and story outlines that resonate with players and enhance the overall game experience,
• Create engaging quests, missions, and story arcs that drive the player's progression and emotional investment in the game world,
• Conduct research to ensure authenticity and accuracy in historical, cultural, or thematic elements incorporated into the game's narrative,
• Review and provide feedback on level designs, gameplay mechanics, and other game assets to ensure they align with the narrative vision,
• Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in storytelling techniques to continually improve the quality and innovation of the game's narrative.
• You have several strong experiences as a professional writer (Lead Writer, Principal Writer, or Senior Writer) with an emphasis on dialogue and character (Television, Film, Video Games, Animation, etc…),
• You have excellent command of written and verbal English, with exceptional grammar, spelling, and punctuation,
• You show an ability to learn and realistically mimic American regional dialects, slangs, and rhythms. Proficiency in additional languages beyond English is a plus,
• You have a deep understanding of narrative structures, character development, and story arcs within the context of video games. You know how to adapt writing styles to suit different genres and target audiences,
• You already have experience supporting a team of writers, providing constructive feedback, and fostering a collaborative environment,
• You are known for your strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously,
• You show passion for video games and a comprehensive knowledge of various gaming genres and platforms. An experience in writing for multiplayer and online games, considering player interactions and social dynamics is a plus,
• Familiarity with game development tools and engines, such as Unity or Unreal Engine is also a plus.
Strong portfolio demonstrating exceptional storytelling and writing skills, with a focus on dialogue.
/! Don't forget to add your CV, portfolio, website that demonstrates your storytelling and writing skills (dialogue in particular)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq4jnm-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.