Narrative Director (F/M/NB)
Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players' lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to moments of surprise, fun and adventure that also allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to collaborate and evolve with passionate and pioneering teams, all over the world. You will evolve in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will fascinate our players.
As a part of the creative core team, you will make the creative director's vision and the story come to life through all of the narrative toolbox. As a narration expert in the video game industry, you will make sure we bring a great story to life.
Under the responsability of the senior producer, Your responsibilities will be as follows
• Drive, build and grow an engaged and diverse team
• Oversee the narrative context for all the missions, being responsible for all set pieces through storylines, screen-tests. Ensuring the quality of the script, scene breakdowns, and final edits of the scenes and cinematics;
• Coordinating with the Creative Director to define the story
• Coordinating with the Cinematics team, reviewing cutscenes to ensure they are on par with the vision;
• Work closely with the Game Director to make sure the game design lines up with the narrative experience, and with the Art Director on the characters and world.
• Leading casting and voice recording sessions;
• Ensuring the overall coherence of the storyline/scripted events throughout the game;
• Providing guidelines in regard to the development of specific narrative/scripted event features and assets;
• Contributing to the writing process and ensuring that the narrative scenes and cinematics are integrated into the gameplay;
• Ensuring constant communication between the development team and other project stakeholders;
To make sure you succeed in this role, we expect most of the skills and accomplishments below
• Strong narrative and writing experience in several industries
• Proven narrative design experience in game production, preferrably AA or AAA productions : you shipped at least one project as either a narrative lead or a narrative director
• Solid understanding of the video games industry, the market and pop culture
• Strong people management and collaboration skills
• You know how to give and receive feedback in a creative and collaborative process
• Expertise in scifi genre
Understanding French will also be an asset for this role. English is mandatory
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzb432-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.