Narrative Designer [Anno] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft's 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft's biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Anno is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
As a Narrative Designer on our team, you will design consistent and believable narrative content to enrich the world and fantasy of the game in line with the Lead Narrative Designer's vision.
From concept phase to finalized content, you take part in creating, iterating and fine-tuning believable narrative designs to AAA quality that create an emotional impact on the players and accompany them through the game.
What you will do:
• Implement the game's narrative according to the principles established by the Lead Narrative Designer
• Use the game's internal tools to design, integrate and debug all narrative events and features.
• Design quests and stories that embody the characters and help build the game world.
• Work closely with art, design and programming teams, among others.
• Create and iterate the projects' world and story documentation
• Participate in the development of specific features, audio or visual assets
• Make necessary changes and iterate on narrative systems and designs
What you bring:
• University Degree, ideally in Humanities or similar high level of general education
• (preferred) 2+ years' experience in game development, working with narrative aspects of the game, with at least 1 shipped title in a narrative design/writer position
• (preferred) Experience working on a strategy or RTS title
• Exceptionally good written and verbal English
• Self-motivated, goal-oriented and a strong team player
• A proven background in history or research
• Strengths in game design or system design
• Imagination, creativity and a talent for creating stories and characters
• Positive attitude and strong communication skills
* Familiarity with the Anno Franchise and strategy games is a plus
What to send our way:
• Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
• A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
• Please feel free to send us samples of your work (attach files or leave us a link to your demo reel or online portfolio in your message)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyzvx-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.