Remote / Virtual
Ubisoft Toronto is one of the largest development studios within Ubisoft, employing talented people from around the world. We create worlds and tell stories that grip you, inspire you and challenge you. Since opening in 2010, we have shipped innovative game projects on some of Ubisoft's biggest brands: Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, For Honor and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft Toronto, we are always striving to get better, be better and do better – embracing innovative ideas, exploring new technologies, and working together courageously and collaboratively.
What you'll do as a Level Designer:
• Understanding the creative direction of the game and how your level fits into the overall experience;
• Knowing the story and ensuring the script in your level helps build towards a coherent narrative by working with the narrative team;
• Planning, building and iterating on the gameplay spaces in your level with a focus on enemy positions and patrols while also investigating interesting and unique ways the environment can be used to enhance gameplay;
• Communicating frequently with other teams to understand their roles and ensuring their work is represented within your level;
• Integrating new elements into the level as they become available throughout production (gameplay, AI, sound, etc.);
• Working with other teams to validate your work and have them assess the technical, playable and graphic elements;
• Addressing bugs found in your the level by QC as well as actioning tasks generated from Lead and Director feedback;
• Documenting and presenting your work, including level design documents, prototyping and playtest results, to various teams and directors
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. If you are excited about the role, we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the qualifications listed below.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in video game level design, production, or other relevant experience;
• Experience using game editors (e.g. Unity or Unreal) and their related scripting tools
• Thorough grasp of the principles of good level design (pacing, risk and reward, difficulty, etc.);
• You have shipped at least one AAA game, and been involved in all phases of development;
• You are adaptable and open to whatever realities playtests may uncover about your work;
• You are creative and thirsty for innovation;
• Ability to organize and prioritize your own work;
• Coaching skills and presentation skills;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Experience with coding, advanced scripting, and modeling is an asset.
• A hybrid, flexible work model
• Five weeks of vacation + one week office closure around the December holidays
• An enhanced parental leave program
• Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
• Disability Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Extended medical insurance
• (Optional) RRSP contribution
• Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
• Bonus (If Applicable)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re9241-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams