Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a Lead UI Artist to join our multidisciplinary and international team, where active communication and collaboration is crucial, and where people are eager to achieve the best player experience possible together. As a Senior UI Artist, you will help drive the development of the UI, setting up the UI pipeline, and documentation standards while guiding intermediate/junior UI Artist(s) in following those guidelines.
We welcome people working in our Cary studio or remotely within the continental US.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Concept and Design and create static and animated UI for in-game screens, features, and content, utilizing Adobe Suite, Figma, or 3D software that are easy to understand, easy to navigate, and convey information for a quality end user experience.
• Provide AAA artwork to support team-wide project communication, vision, and marketing needs.
• Build logical UI flows and produce the final interface work.
• Execute UI design with a keen eye for detail at all levels – keeping in mind the overall art treatment and screen-to-screen UI placement, applying and maintaining consistency throughout the entire project interface.
• Communicate and collaborate with all members of the team, helping to establish and maintain team culture.
• Identify priorities and gaps in current designs and contribute/iterate on creative solutions.
• Maintain style guide assets to ensure consistency across the department.
• Provide mentorship and knowledge-share with other UI artists.
• Coordinate with the QA department to identify and call out visual inconsistencies.
• 5+ years of game development experience as a UI artist in games or equivalent
• A leadership mindset with a proven ability to work with a team first mentality
• A strong eye for quality and are always seeking to improve.
• Positive attitude toward solving problems with UX and Game Design, considering accessibility and optimization in your work.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills – able to interact with team members of different disciplines and personality types
• An ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
• Experience in UI art & design with a desire to actively follow and apply current visual UI trends & UI patterns.
• Extensive graphic and motion design knowledge and skills using Figma and Adobe Suite software
• Ability to build and extend existing UI pipelines and documentation to improve them
• A basic understanding of practical benefits, and limitations, of engine technologies
• A basic understanding of shader creation and special effects
It is a bonus if you have:
• Knowledge or experience with node-based editors, scripting languages, or coding languages (C#, Python, Java, etc.).
• A desire to grow into a leadership role.
• Proven experience developing UI for a AAA production from conception through release.
• Understanding of spritesheet and memory management.
• Portfolio showing a wide range of work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4enzz-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.