Video Game Tester
Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 450 talents contributing to Ubisoft's line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft's biggest brands such as Assassin's Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft's ''games as a service (GAAS)'' ethos. Chengdu's technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
The main goal and missions are to:
• Plan, prioritize and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long.
• Provide team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small.
• Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within the team.
• Empower team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results.
• Collaborate with team leads to identify and develop art production processes and technologies that meet artists' needs for creating high-quality art with limited resources.
• Maintain a balance between the creative vision of the projects and the technical budget restraints.
• Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring them to the attention of management.
• Be a reference for the team in relation to technical art and find solutions to complex issues that arise.
• Optimize content for memory and performance gains.
• Participate in the development of technology road maps for the specific needs of the project.
• Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, models, animations, and textures as and when required.
• Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes.
• Broad knowledge of game engines such as Unreal, and DCC tools such as Max/Maya/Houdini.
• Good knowledge of scripting/programming using languages such as MaxScript, Python, C#, HLSL, GLSL etc.
• Artistic eye with strong knowledge of the creation & integration of 2D/3D art, and ability of providing various tech solutions for complex technical and art-related challenges.
• Shipped 1+ AAA title from start to finish on multiple platforms with extensive performance optimization experience.
• Experience as a lead TA or equivalent role to manage and lead a team with confirmed leadership skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both Chinese and English, ability of illustrating technical processes for both a technical and non-technical audience.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• Strong mindset of collaboration, agility and taking initiatives to move things forward.
• Experience of open world games is a plus.
• Experience of collaboration with oversea studios is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmye1x-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams