Lead Game Designer
Lead Game Designer (f/m/d)
Ubisoft's 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
As our new Lead Game Designer (f/m/d) at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, you will build up and lead a strong team of game designers, and help them to create outstanding features and game experiences for our players. You translate the creative vision from directors into tangible game systems and create meaningful connections between features, content and narration. Providing game mechanics that are fun is your highest priority. To achieve this goal, you will be working closely with the art department, programmers and colleagues from multiple disciplines all around the world.
What you will do:
• Create framework for detailed designs and identify requirements with co-leads, directors and production
• Grow the design team and create an environment of constant learning
• Support your team members on solving complex design, technical and implementation issues
• Ensure technical quality and feasibility of designs as well as an equal approach across all game areas you are responsible for
• Make player needs your focus and help your team deliver an engaging player experience
• Look out for improvements on workflows, tools pipelines etc. to live the idea of continuous improvement
• Act as a servant leader to your team and make sure, they have all resources they need and that they can work in a respectful and safe environment
What you bring:
• Experienced one full cycle of AAA development from conception to release as lead or senior designer
• 5+ years of industry experience in game development
• Understanding of psychological mechanisms that keep players engaged
• A strong sense of what makes gameplay experience compelling and fun
• Solid theoretical and practical Game Design knowledge
• Tools of the trade: Office, flowcharts, Photoshop, level editor
• Intense creativity, a passion to innovate, and the drive to go beyond what is directly asked of you
• Fluent in English, both verbally and written
What to send our way:
• Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
• A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
• Please provide a portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects - be sure to check the link is working when applying
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpeoz4-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams