- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Ubisoft's 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Halifax has an opening for a Generalist Programmer. We are looking for someone who can create high performing, robust code to help bring fantastic concepts to life. You will collaborate with programmers and designers to develop game features and functionality. The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation, modification and maintenance of game code and supporting tools.
• Planning, designing, and implementing efficient and maintainable code in C# with Unity.
• Designing and programming game systems that meet production goals and follow SOLID principles.
• Implementing 3rd party SDKs into Unity projects
• Meeting time commitments to design, develop, and/or optimize gameplay features on mobile projects within Unity.
• Audit on legacy systems to figure out optimizations and improvements.
• Communicating implementation resolutions both verbally and in documentation to key stakeholders
• Aiding more junior developers with coming up to speed quickly.
• Working with Unity packages and CI/CD pipeline workflow.
• Porting existing code bases to multiple platforms within the Unity framework
• Writing technical documentation/diagrams for the purposes of feature planning, and communicating software architecture.
• A graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or demonstrable work experience
• A positive attitude and a good sense of humour
• At least 2 years of experience in cross-platform development using Unity on Android and/or IOS platforms
• Strong object-oriented design skills and proficiency in C# programming and debugging
• Ability to work effectively and autonomously with little direction
• Experience working with Unity animations and models in 3D space
• Experience with Live and Online-related SDKs or implementations in Unity (telemetry, IAPs, cloud saves, data storage).
• Understanding and experience with building and deploying an application from code to mobile device.
• Demonstrated interest in best practices, self-improvement, skill development and the ability to take direction and function as part of a team
• Passion for improving the quality of software architecture
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjpb51-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams