- Full Time
Job DescriptionAt Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We're working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Your life at Ubi
As a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft Bucharest, your role is to develop the features, mechanics and building blocks that create the game experience. For that, you will work closely with the other job families to define the design of various features and handle their implementation, ensuring believability, good game feel, and player comfort.
Your main mission:
• Work directly with game designers, prototypes, and researches to make sure that various features are completely and realistically designed
• In charge of assessing the technical feasibility of new features and the impact they bring on other modules and systems
• Implement features focusing on the quality of interaction between the player and the game
• Interact with the multiple job families which create assets for the game (game design, level design, art, FX, sound)
• Touch multiple programming fields – UI, audio, AI, network synchronization, engine - to obtain fully implemented features
The professional value you bring:
• Good knowledge of C++
• Ability to work with a large amount of code inside a large team
• Good software architecture skills are highly appreciated
• Good game design abilities are also useful for a gameplay programmer
Nice to have
• Personal game projects (projects developed in Unity or Unreal Engine are a plus)
The personal value you bring:
• Passion for game development is a plus
• Knowledge of current games and the ability to reverse engineer features and mechanics
• Understanding of other game development areas – UI, network, audio, animation etc.
• Good English communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pjp6-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams