Game Designer (Combat)[The Division 2]
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft's 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 600+ talents get opportunities to create innovative mobile games with the highest production values, operate Live games on Chinese and worldwide markets, and to develop great AAA blockbuster games partnering with the most talented teams all over the world working on some of the most renown IPs in the industry.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
About the Role
As a Game Designer (Weapon), you will enjoy collaborating with the rest of the development team, and you have the stamina to keep iterating different ideas, and features, testing and pushing them to reach the final level of quality. Most of all, you understand that great games are based on smooth and engaging core gameplay.
We have big ambitions to introduce something groundbreaking in building long-term player engagement. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time work in an agile studio with creative freedom.
What you will do
• Utilize knowledge of players' needs to ensure that gameplay mechanics and features, such as weapons, gears, skills, AI, and 3Cs, are developed to enhance player satisfaction and enjoyment.
• Employ a deep understanding of game engines to maximize strengths and respect limitations while designing various aspects of the game systems, controls, and interfaces in line with the game design direction.
• Create clear and concise design documents that effectively communicate the vision for the game to the team.
• Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary teams throughout the development process, from concept to release, to ensure that features and assets are implemented in-game at the highest quality possible and in a timely manner.
• Work alongside the LiveOps team and utilize analytics to continually improve the game.
• Possess a deep understanding of combat mechanics and have extensive experience playing a diverse range of titles to inform design decisions.
• Demonstrate an ability to balance various aspects of combat experiences to create engaging gameplay.
• Exhibit excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members and receive constructive criticism.
• Display self-motivation and initiative to drive the design process forward.
• Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively while still adhering to a creative direction.
Nice to have:
• Passion for gaming, particularly in the areas of shooters and RPGs.
• Interested in military-based knowledge, including weapons, gears, and equipment
• Had experience in numeric design, and be able to create and manipulate data sets with ease.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk87e0-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.