Ubisoft's 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy's: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep and more recently Riders Republic!
More recently, we are working on innovation with the creation of a technological expertise hub around the Snowdrop engine pipeline, for which we are focusing firstly on engine and graphics topics.
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
As a Game Designer at Ubisoft Annecy, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come !
The mission will be:
• Designing and implementing game systems and NPCs with a focus on reactive, systemic, and emergent behaviors.
• Collaborating with AI programmers, character artists, and animators to realize detailed NPCs who appear to have a life of their own.
• Working directly in our game-engine, tweaking and iterating on your systems and features, and will help in defining what tools you need to work effectively and efficiently.
• Design and Document – Work with the lead designer to develop fleshed out feature designs and complete thorough documentation for all assigned features.
• Take ownership of player character core mechanics, controls and character camera, planning for how they should be used in game, and will work closely with Programming, Animation, Modeling and Level Design departments to drive development towards the vision laid out by the Lead Designer.
You've a proven background in one or more technically focused specialties: systems, combat, AI, mission scripting, documentation, or level scripting, and you're an enthusiastic communicator, easily receiving and offering feedback with your colleagues, leads and directors.
• A first experience required in a similar position on a AAA game shipped, or several prod experiences on AA games shipped
• Experience on designing systems
• Experience on a narrative open world project recommended
• Ability to work with other teams within international entities
• Ability to model behavior and pattern in game situations with autonomy
• Speaking French is not required but a fluent level in English is.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pn6k-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.