Game Designer/Product Owner (Rainbow Six Mobile)
As a Game Designer at Ubisoft Winnipeg, you'll be the creative energy behind a specific set of game systems and mechanics. In owning the Heads Up Display and User Interface, you provide players with tools to build unique gameplay experiences and opportunities to make meaningful choices.
You go through an iterative, hands-on process of adjusting and balancing your design as you bring it from concept to playability. Throughout production, you shift your focus from the big picture to the micro details; tackling hurdles in development and stepping back to assess how all the pieces connect and affect each other. You tweak and tune until it finally happens: a smooth and engaging player experience emerges.
What you'll do:
• Design features aligned with the creative and game directions (e.g., gameplay rules, progression systems, combat systems, weapon attributes, artificial intelligence behaviors, 3Cs, etc.).
• Create game systems in accordance with the needs of Production, achieving target player experience while observing the production directives of the game.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate your assigned features.
• Create mock-ups with design intentions to communicate with UI/UX Teams.
• Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking your design when and as often as needed.
• Participate in problem solving to fix buggy features.
• Create and maintain design documentation that will guide interdependent teams.
• Follow up on features post-launch to improve, add, or remove components.
• Produce, analyze, refine user stories, and maintain project backlog.
• Drive change and identify opportunities for improvement with processes and best practices.
• Lead collaborative processes to align project partners on improvement direction.
• Analyze user needs following a user-centered design approach (design thinking, personas, user journey mapping, etc.)
What You Bring:
As a Game Designer, you're resourceful, curious, and always looking to innovate. You bring a collaborative and empathetic spirit to all your work and value great communication. Whether it's on paper or on a call, you can clearly explain your thought process. In addition to these qualities, we're looking for someone aligned with our studio's core values and with the following skills and experience:
• At least 3 years of experience in video game production or related experience.
• Experience as a Game Designer in the video game industry with at least 2 shipped projects.
• Experience with game engines (e.g., Unity or Unreal) and productivity software (word processors, spreadsheets, etc.)
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles and backlog management techniques and metrics.
• Proficiency with collaboration and task management tools: Jira, Confluence, Asana, etc.
• A solid understanding of the market – you play enough to know what makes quality gameplay!
It's a Bonus if You Have:
• Post-secondary education in game design or similar
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that change the way we build our worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on developing technology that empowers game creators at all Ubisoft Studios to build even better, more immersive worlds. Our tools have been used across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs.
We are a part of Ubisoft's 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, and are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. The team's dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Who We Are
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by collaborating with local non-profit partners, and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business. Read more about our commitment to social impact here.
Please read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Winnipeg to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct's principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
Ubisoft Winnipeg encourages applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, neurodivergent people, women, 2SLGBTQIA+ people, and people who live at the intersections of those identities and experiences. Ubisoft Winnipeg is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1439y-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams