Environment Artist [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora] (595)
At Ubisoft, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritising equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.
As an Environment Artist you are passionate about building amazing worlds for our players to explore. You have an eye for scale, perspective and detail, and love to bring a story to life through the creation of awe-inspiring environments. Being passionate about your craft, you'll thrive on conducting in-depth research, and receiving and giving constructive feedback through peer review sessions to continuously improve the quality and consistency of your work.
To you, it's the opportunity to work as part of a team, celebrating one of the largest film franchises in history. You're the kind of person who understands the importance of collaboration and clear communication. You enjoy seeing your contribution to the bigger picture and relish the opportunity to share your knowledge with your peers.
As our next Environment Artist, you will play an integral part in building out the exciting world of Pandora, communicating the project's vision through tone and style inspired by the project's narrative and design.
What you'll bring
At Ubisoft, we aim to be a destination of choice for the best talent. We want people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our studios to success.
• Ability to create interesting, detailed and visually appealing environments;
• A portfolio that demonstrates a passion for worldbuilding with environment art, showing your ability to develop game ready environments based on concept art, and in interpretation of level design blockout.
• Ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines;
• Good working knowledge of industry leading 3D modelling packages (3DS Max, Maya, Blender)
• Good knowledge of level editors;
• Good understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems;
• Knowledge of optimisation techniques
Joining Ubisoft you will contribute to a fun and friendly team that values openness and inclusivity as one of our key pillars. You will have the opportunity to learn, grow and develop your career whilst sharing our continued success as we expand our ever-growing catalogue of games.
With us, you'll be part of a highly talented team aiming to create a whole new world for our players as we strive to successfully release the next big Ubisoft IP.
Your passion for learning and development will enable you to push boundaries and continue to grow and progress in your role, with limitless opportunities to reach your full potential.
To us, it's more than just a job at Ubisoft. It's a journey. It's an experience. A way to bring players and communities together. A place to celebrate our differences. A place to grow.
What we'll provide
We put our people first through nurturing their creativity and wellbeing and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world.
• Everything you need to keep your life in balance - hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave, Christmas shutdown, and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
• Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance, and more
• Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
• Investment in our community - with paid volunteering days
• Fun and entertainment - with free games, activities, and celebrations
• Generous relocation support - should you need it
Positive mental health and wellbeing at work are priorities for us. We are a Gold Employer in the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index, and partners of Safe in Our World. We run an inclusive Wellbeing Champions programme and provide a wide range of training and resources to support all of our people to proactively discuss and manage their own mental health, as well as support their team members.
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world's most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We'd love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Aaron Hooper, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
• Website: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections
• TA Partner: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaronhooperrecruiter/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Ubisoft.Reflections
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/UbiReflections
• Linkedin Reflections: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-reflections
• Linkedin Leamington: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-leamington
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0pym-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.