Engine Programmer [Beyond Good And Evil 2] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft's 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft's biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft's original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project with cutting edge graphics.
As an Engine Programmer on our team, you will share responsibility for developing and maintaining low-level systems and overall architecture. Currently, this role has a strong focus on the topic of physics but it can branch out in other areas of engine programming too.
What you will do:
• Work on multiple platforms and in areas such as memory management, loading, streaming, physics and platform specific systems.
• Work as part of our feature teams, including but not limited to technical health and quality of life improvements.
• Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems.
• Work closely with other Programmers to help them achieve their Goals.
• Work with precision and care on our systems and frameworks
• Provide the technical foundation for features
• Maintain and extend the existing engine and frameworks, safeguarding and improving stability
• Work on identifying and improving existing systems and identify new opportunities
• Analyze, support and improve the performance of our features
• Work on the architecture of our features, keeping long-term maintainability and scalability in mind
• Work with the lead team on improving game stability and performance
What you bring:
• Strong skills in C++
• 3+ years of professional experience (at least one released title)
• Strong ability for analyzing and extending existing code
• Good English and communication skills
• Self-direction and motivation
• Ability and desire to work as a team player
*Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, physics, mathematics or equivalent experience is a plus
*Practical Experience with Physics Engines is a plus
*Practical Experience with Havok is a plus
*Experience with Console Development and Optimization is a plus
What to send our way:
• Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
• A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
• Any relevant code/work samples you can provide are highly appreciated
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn7p3k-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.