Remote / Virtual
Development Tester - Hybrid/Remote - Contract
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 10 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on innovative new titles with Rocksmith+ and XDefiant.
As a Development Tester at Ubi SFO, you will facilitate and maintain the quality of new and existing content for our FPS project, XDefiant. This will be achieved by evaluating the quality of features and acting as a liaison between production and QC teams.
You are very familiar with the design and intricacies of the first-person shooter genre across different franchises. This knowledge will be used to help make informed and precise decisions throughout the project in different areas.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Communicate directly with development teams and other Development Testers (locally and from other studios)
• Perform regular tests on the product and/or tools in order to ensure the required quality
• Report issues encountered with standardized format that can be easily identified and reproduced according to project guidelines
• Validate high risk changes before they are integrated into the main version in order to ensure stability and basic functionality
• Deliver feedback and reports to the development team, on a regular basis as well as on-demand
• Plan tests on specific areas and improve upon the process throughout the project
• Maintain open communication with the functionality test teams, assisting them with product details
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
• Experience on a similar position of at least 12 months
• Extensive knowledge of the FPS video game genre
• Adapt easily to platform and workload variations
• Comfortable in writing test-cases and setting up test procedures
• Open to changes and self-improvement
• Proactive working manner
• Experience with JIRA or other bug-tracking systems
• Experience with Confluence or similar documentation tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvz68w-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams