Ubisoft's 21,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin's Creed® titles since Assassin's Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin's Creed® III, Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin's Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
As a Data Scientist, you will apply your problem-solving and coding skills to enhance the production of our video games through statistical modelling and machine learning algorithms. We need you to become an expert in interpreting complex needs from game development teams and implement efficient and adapted solutions that will benefit the most people.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In six months:
• You will become familiar with the data sources in a AAA game development environment.
• You will collaborate with our Data Analysts and production teams to extract the needed data.
• You will have worked on small projects to enhance the insights we deliver.
In twelve months:
• You will have built a solid relationship with key stakeholders and worked closely with them to identify and propose solutions to their needs.
• You will be working on complex tools and projects that will help production teams craft video games faster and with more confidence.
After this period, you will be able to:
• Gather needs from production teams and translate them in a solvable problem using data science tools.
• Organize and collect data by collaborating with all the necessary teams.
• Implement statistical or machine learning models that provide the best results while being cost-efficient.
• Develop easy-to-use tools to help development teams craft AAA video games.
• Up to 2 years experience in a related field (gaming, technology, analytics, data) or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
• Knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques and concepts (Regression. Clustering, Decision trees, Deep Learning, etc.)
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Self-motivation, organization skills, team spirit, proactivity
• Culturally flexible and enjoy working and communicating with different job families (game designers, data analysts, etc.)
• Work experience with data science projects
• Interest in gaming
• Proficient in Python
• Good knowledge of SQL
• Experience with data science frameworks such as PyTorch, Spark ML and scikit-learn
• Familiarity with version control systems (git)
• Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem
• Familiarity with Linux
• Familiarity with web technologies
• Familiarity with API development
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g44k31-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.