Online Infrastructure Engineer Studio
Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
As a Data Manager, you'll collaborate with a diverse group of game developers, including artists, designers, programmers, and more. Your role is all about ensuring that the game development process is as seamless and enjoyable as it can be. You'll be there to assist team members locally and globally in addressing both immediate issues and long-term challenges. Your mission is to advocate for the use of best practices in data management and version control to safeguard our valuable data.
As a valuable member of our Data Management team, you will be responsible for crafting tools and implementing processes that aim to simplify and enhance the game shipping experience, making it a smoother and more enjoyable journey for everyone involved.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we'll check your application asap!
What you'll do
• Support Game Developers: Help internal users, such as game developers, by providing the necessary tools for their work, including version control, build systems, and game editor setup.
• Solve Problems Collaboratively: Identify common issues and challenges, and work closely with build engineers and tools teams to come up with permanent solutions.
• Advocate for User Needs: Gather and convey user requirements to external teams, like global IT, to ensure we have the right infrastructure in place for game development and optimize it as needed.
• Monitor Build Systems: Keep an eye on the performance of our build systems and processes, and respond to any emerging trends or problems.
What you'll bring
To excel in this position, we value qualities such as a service-oriented mindset, organizational skills, and a preference for simplicity over complexity. If you're the type of person who constantly seeks ways to simplify and enhance efficiency, we encourage you to share your ideas for improvement, whether it's streamlining JIRA dashboards or optimizing user management. You take pleasure in assisting users in enhancing their technical skills, enabling them to work more independently in the future. Your commitment to excellence means you won't rest until everything is working smoothly. Besides the above we're looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
• Experience working with version control systems (e.g. Perforce, Git, TeamCity, etc.)
• Worked in a technical second line support role or similar in the past, preferably in a software organization
• Experience working with Active Directory, Jira, Powershell, Automation is beneficial
We enthusiastically invite candidates who are highly motivated to learn Data Management, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all the requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0qpqj-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams