Ubisoft Production HQ is the headquarters of our network of production studios which plays an essential role in the conception and execution of our games. Closely working with the company's top management and our studios worldwide, we support our development teams on a variety of topics – production processes, game & creative direction, design, engineering, financial planning, human resources – and empower them to develop high-quality games while maintaining a strategic editorial coherence. This unique position allows our team members to benefit from a global overview of all our projects currently under development.
At Ubisoft, you will work and grow with passionate teams from all around the world that are pioneers in their fields. You will thrive in a caring and inspiring environment which will enable you to push the limits imagination and technology, to create experiences and worlds that will fascinate our audiences.
The Ubisoft Editorial team is looking for a talented Content Director with outstanding communication skills, proven leadership experience, a strong design background, and a track record of shipping AAA games.
As a Content Director, your mission is to support your VP and the top management in their assessment of all the issues, challenges and opportunities related to the player experience, for a variety of Ubisoft titles.
With your extensive knowledge of the industry, you can accurately diagnose what a game needs to succeed. Your expertise allows you to move between many game genres, break them down and help formulate action plans.
You can clearly and concisely communicate with development teams, your VP, and top management to drive maximum impact, providing key stakeholders with the necessary visibility for decision-making.
What you'll do:
Contribute to setting the top priorities for player experience related topics, ensuring that projects release with the highest quality possible.
• Partner with the development teams and the VP to make sure that the games' pillars are sufficiently strong, unique, and attractive.
• Verify that the top priorities related to player experience are clearly defined at the beginning of each project (mandate) and ensure that they will be followed throughout the whole development lifecycle, including live and operations.
• Share accountability with the VP for the projects' alignment with the group's editorial vision.
• Conduct thorough reviews of all the topics associated with the games' content to attest that the quality targets are reached at each stage of the projects' development.
• When necessary, collaborate with the development teams to help reorient the projects.
• Follow-up on the status of the projects and regularly update the leadership team on the evolution of relevant KPIs, proactively alerting them of major risks when necessary.
• Continuously integrate the reality of production in your assessments and when offering solutions or suggestions to the development teams.
Collaborate with partner teams to deliver compelling game experiences.
• Collaborate closely with various teams at the head office (HQ producers, Brand Portfolio Management, Financial planning, etc.) to establish effective channels of communication with the development teams.
• Be mindful of insights from User Research, our games' communities and QC when assessing a project's quality and promote a player centric approach to game development.
• Partner with the brands teams to guarantee the alignment of each project with their respective brand's guidelines.
Foster a creative work environment and promote a culture of success.
• Manage a team of content specialists – Line Designers – defining their review priorities and planning.
• Provide coaching and mentorship to guide them towards achieving their career goals.
It's important to note that this job involves several annual trips. 6-10 times/year, mostly in North America but also in Paris 1-2 times/year.
What you'll bring:
• Knowledge and passion about the AAA video game industry.
• Significant practical design experience as part of a video game production studio or in a relevant support role. You have shipped multiple AAA games.
• Solid understanding of brand's DNA and an ability to support both the evolution of existing brands and the creation of new IPs.
• Thorough understanding of video game production.
• Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to convince and influence all development disciplines effectively while being considerate of the multiple stakeholders involved.
• Positive leader who believes in the power of diversity: you are authentic, honest, and know how to create a climate of trust.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn02bm-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.