About Ubisoft & Ubisoft Shanghai
Ubisoft's 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As Ubisoft's first production studio in China, Ubisoft Shanghai opened its door in 1996 and has been at the forefront of the Chinese game industry. It has been working on major Ubisoft brands such as Splinter Cell®, Assassin's Creed®, Might & Magic®, Just Dance®, Far Cry® and Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™.
With our mission to leverage our presence in China, bring a stronger long-term added value to the group, 600+ talents from around the world have jointly developed a world-class expertise in development of open world and wildlife in AAA games, as well as mobile games and live operations.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
About the Role
As a concept artist, you will create 2D art assets that align with the artistic vision of games across various platforms. Your responsibilities will include a wide range of 2D drawing tasks, and you will have the opportunity of working on various styles. It is imperative that you maintain frequent communication and interaction with the Content Director and Art team.
What you will do
• Assist concept team and 3d team, animation team in establishing the game world in the accordance game concept's vision
• Research and propose concept references in collaboration with the senior concept artist and content director
• Work with the art team to establish concept needs on scene art
• Create 2D assets quickly and efficiently, including the use of 3d assistance
What you will bring
• Proven working experience as a concept artist in game industry for scene designing
• Solid 2D drawing skills and good esthetic sense
• Experienced with 3D assistance
• Ability to adapt to different art styles, illustration experience is preferred
• Professional skills with blender and photoshop
• Good sense of team work and excellent communication skills
• Passionate about music or film is preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pn86-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.