Ubisoft Toronto is one of the largest development studios within Ubisoft, employing talented people from around the world. We create worlds and tell stories that grip you, inspire you and challenge you. Since opening in 2010, we have shipped innovative game projects on some of Ubisoft's biggest brands: Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, For Honor and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft Toronto, we are always striving to get better, be better and do better – embracing innovative ideas, exploring new technologies, and working together courageously and collaboratively.
The Cinematic Animator is a key element in delivering an amazing story. You will be responsible for delivering high quality animations, either from enhancing motion capture or key-framing, for our cinematic and scripted event scenes.
• Work closely with the Cinematic Director, Animation Team, Scripters along with other departments to create our Cinematics and scripted events;
• Enhance and polish character performances (body and facial) from video and motion capture;
• Must have an excellent understanding of the animation principles (Posing, timing, balance and weight…) to create realistic and believable key-frame animations;
• Construct animatics from story scripts and/or storyboards, and have the ability to create scene layouts, staging, camera and editing;
• Communicate with the Cinematic and Animation Directors for reviews and feedback;
• Work closely with scripters and the animation TD to ensure the quality of the integration of the animations;
• Detect inconsistencies or bugs and validate that the cinematic scene plays correctly;
• Carry out all other related tasks.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. If you are excited about the role, we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the qualifications listed below.
• Excellent grasp for storytelling, acting and cinematography;
• Understanding of cinematic or feature animation production pipelines and workflows;
• Relevant 2D and 3D software experience - Motionbuilder, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop, Premiere, Final Cut;
• Good collaboration with members of the animation team and other team members on the project;
• Must be open to direction, criticism and able to accept change;
• Extensive animation experience with hand-keyed disciplines, experience with motion capture is a plus;
• Attention to detail and experience solving technological problems.
• College diploma in game-oriented 3D animation technique or equivalent training or experience;
• 3+ years of experience in video game animation, or any other relevant experience;
• A hybrid, flexible work model
• Five weeks of vacation + one week office closure around the December holidays
• An enhanced parental leave program
• Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
• Disability Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Extended medical insurance
• (Optional) RRSP contribution
• Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
• Bonus (If Applicable)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gky370-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.