Senior Concept Artist - Just Dance
About Ubisoft & Ubisoft Shanghai
Ubisoft's 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As Ubisoft's first production studio in China, Ubisoft Shanghai opened its door in 1996 and has been at the forefront of the Chinese game industry. It has been working on major Ubisoft brands such as Splinter Cell®, Assassin's Creed®, Might & Magic®, Just Dance®, Far Cry® and Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™.
With our mission to leverage our presence in China, bring a stronger long-term added value to the group, 600+ talents from around the world have jointly developed a world-class expertise in development of open world and wildlife in AAA games, as well as mobile games and live operations.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
About the Role
The choreographer director is the core content creator in ''Just Dance'' team, who will full-time collaborate with the content team and will be in charge of the conception, creation and finalization of the choreographies for the game.
What you will do
• Understand Just Dance brand, work closely with content team to make sure the creative consistency and respect technical constraints.
• Brainstorm with concept/costume/video team, propose choreography direction according to music mood and character style
• Work closely with the creative core team to choose choreographer and dancers for each song
• Lead rehearsals and shootings with choreographers and dancers, ensure the quality of each choreography by giving precise and inspiring feedbacks to choreographers and dancers
• Coach dancers' performance to ensure the dance steps and moods fits the direction of the song, direct dancers in a cheerful way during shootings
• Responsible for sourcing new choreographers and dancers to enlarge Just Dancer pool
• Work closely with Paris choreography team. Give clear updates on each rehearsal and exchange ideas and solutions to improve JD choreography.
• In order to give news ideas to JD choreography, make researches and propose prototypes to the core team are necessary.
What you will bring
• Proven experiences in dance and performing industry
• Proficient in certain dance style and versatile in multiple dance style
• Good knowledge of dance history, dance style, resourceful of performance market, dance studio, dance competition, and agency
• Open-minded and easygoing, collaborative and detail-oriented, strong sense of responsibility , willing to express and share opinion
• Preferable graduate of performing arts, dance, music or art-related diploma degree
• Good communication skills, fluent English and Chinese
Nice to have:
• Proficient in a particular style of dance
• 性格开朗随和,善于合作,注重细节,认真负责, 乐于表达和分享意见
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7p8o8-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams