Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios!
We have challenging and exciting opportunities for creative minds to develop their expertise and capabilities to grow. At Ubisoft we favor diversity, creativity, and team spirit, and, together, we build success.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Title : Art Producer/Associate Art Director
Designation to be determined basis candidate experience and proficiency
Location: Ubisoft India, Mumbai Studio
Type of Position: Permanent
Reporting to: Art Manager
You will play a pivotal role in curating the visual identity of our creative outputs, ensuring they meet the highest standards of quality and resonate with our audience. You will drive the artistic process for projects by working closely with the Art Manager and collaborating with Production team members in the implementation of the project's artistic vision and carry out preliminary reviews of the elements produced by the art teams. Your role will also require you to convey and present creative concepts and ideas to both internal and external audiences.
• Work with the Art Manager and a team of multidisciplinary artists to define and execute the game's art style while complying with the creative vision of the initial art direction.
• Work on establishing the artistic vision of the project through different means, including research, references gathering, sketching, making concept art.
• Defining game's art style, while complying with the creative vision of the initial art direction. Work on creating the visual style guide of a game (put together mood boards, references, and descriptions.
• Mentor concept art team to deliver creative solutions via visuals using 2D and 3D tools.
• Drive the development of 2D and 3D art assets; not just limited to concept art, props, character, environment art and VFX.
• Convey clearly, the expectations, both in terms of the level of quality and content (backgrounds, environments, characters), to the graphics team (lead artists, concept artists, environment artists, character artists, animation team) by making use of pertinent visual references, concept art, production design, and atmosphere materials.
• Supervise and approve work completed by the team to ensure that the elements produced comply with the vision for the game, as well as meeting standards for quality.
• Manage and support the Art Manager and Art Leads to ensure that Art quality is maintained and working practices are regularly reviewed and improved where needed.
• Work with other tech/design disciplines to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for art in the game.
• Maintain a long-term view of the Art Teams project needs and provide solutions as needed
• Review, direct and provide positive constructive feedback and creative leadership
• Collaborate with Producers and other staff to identify and resolve art workflow and related issues. Collaborate with interdependent teams in all stages of development.
• Interact with various stakeholders across Ubisoft studios worldwide, including art directors, leads, project managers, and cross-functional teams, to understand needs and expectations.
• Maintain strong relationship with Co-Dev studio partners.
• Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to emerging technologies.
Profile and Skills
• 3+ years' of experience as an Art Director, Art Outsourcing manager or Art Lead within the Game Development arena.
• Should be comfortable navigating a wide range of art styles, from traditional to contemporary; Fantasy to realistic & stylized- Art styles ensuring our creative output is both diverse and visually engaging. Should have strong aesthetic judgement.
• Experience with a range of production toolsets and knowledge of 3D Art Tools.
• The ability to define a high caliber vision for AAA Art production working practices and ensure its implementation.
• Experience in developing games from existing IPs or franchises
• Knowledge of 2D/3D next-gen production tools and Game Engine technologies such as Unreal, Unity, etc
• Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated toward teaching, enabling, and coaching other artists.
• An innovative and forward-thinking mindset, keeping up with industry trends and technologies.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6vy30-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.