(Senior) Animator [Star Wars Project]
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft's 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As Ubisoft's first production studio in China, Ubisoft Shanghai opened its door in 1996 and has been at the forefront of the Chinese game industry. It has been working on major Ubisoft brands such as Splinter Cell®, Assassin's Creed®, Might & Magic®, Just Dance®, Far Cry® and Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™.
With our mission to leverage our presence in China, bring a stronger long-term added value to the group, 600+ talents from around the world have jointly developed a world-class expertise in development of open world and wildlife in AAA games, as well as mobile games and live operations.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
As a 3D Animator at Ubisoft Shanghai, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
What you will do:
• Quickly learn an existing game animation system and create a pipeline
• Create high quality in-game animation and in-game cut scenes for AAA game
• Deliver a high ended quality on each step of the production, including tracking, retargeting, animation polish, and integration.
• Train animators/outsourcing in workflow, tools, and anything else surrounding the implementation of animation assets into the game engine
• Communicate with game design, engine, and animation Programmer
What you should be equipped with:
• Proven working experience as 3D Animator, have rich experience of character skeleton setup, excellent skills of key frame animation
• Proficient with 3d software as Max, Maya, Motion builder; Familiar with animation workflow in Unity.
• Outstanding artistic senses and knowledge on cinematographic, such as camera setting, storyboarding
• A good team player and communicate with people with different job families openly; Complete the task to specifications and manage time efficiently Good learning ability, looking for improvements consistently.
• Basic to intermediate level of English (oral and written). Native Chinese communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Blade Scripting, Max Script, MEL script, Python
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvvjkj-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.