Ubisoft's 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
As our new Animator (f/m/d) at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, you will be responsible for bringing to life the characters and creatures of our games with stunning, high quality animations.
What you will do:
• Animate characters and motion edit Mocap data within complex animation systems
• Collaborate with Production and Lead Animator to create animations that fit to the visual style of the project
• Provide knowledge and solutions for animation problems
• Set up complex animation state machines and implement animations in the engine
• Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
• Provide support, feedback and advice for artists
What you bring:
• Experience as an Animator in game development with a strong understanding of keyframe animation, motion capturing and procedural animation
• Proven experience on at least one shipped title
• Working knowledge of Maya, Motion Builder, 3ds Max, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages
• A keen eye for motion, weight, timing and animation
• Being able to work with a complex animation system and complex animation state machines
• Able to create content fitting to the project's animation style and work within those limitations
• Understand the technical workflows and the tools in animation production
• Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative
• Great communication skills and a positive attitude
• Fluent in English, both verbally and written
* Experience with Motion editing and handling Mocap Data in Motion Builder is a plus
* Experience with node-graphs and node-based engines is a plus
* Rigging experience is a plus
* Experience as modeler and/or texture artist a plus
* Being an avid gamer is a plus
What to send our way:
• Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
• A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred) or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
• Examples of character animation (full body motion, emotions etc.)
• Examples of animation style variety
• Examples of environment animation or visual effects
• Examples of animation rigs and their functionality in a 3D package
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqz0jx-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams