Sr. Analyst, Digital Ad Sales Finance - Entertainment and Lifestyle
New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr Manager, Strategic Finance for the Ad Sales Financial Services department.
This finance position is responsible for partnering with WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports, kids and news US based sales divisions. The role will allow for efficient and timely focus on strategic initiatives and company priorities surrounding multi-screen innovation and requires an understanding of the business strategies, economic and technological factors affecting today's modern media and advertising industry.
The position is responsible for generating, analyzing and evaluating alternative financial plans as they relate to the company's objectives. Critical to this position is the ability to manufacture solid relationships with operational decision makers, as well as with senior finance management, to support the priorities of both the Company and division and provide insights and guidance where appropriate to maximize financial results.
Additional oversight includes providing project management, ad hoc financial analyses, advanced analytics and planning in collaboration with sales, product, network partnerships, strategy, pricing, planning & operations, corporate strategy, technology, divisional/CRO finance, accounting, human resources and legal teams to evaluate the financial impact of business initiatives. Position will operate in partnership with the Ad Sales Finance Revenue & Resource Allocation & Incentivization teams. A wide degree of autonomy in decision-making is prevalent at this position.
Position will report to the Director, Financial Analysis.
• Financial and Strategic Analysis.
• Support Operations in developing business plans, evaluating potential deals, and financial models. Implement policies and procedures for established and emerging businesses.
• Make recommendations that will enhance the desired strategic and financial effects, while working cross functionally to maximize opportunities and/or moderate exposure.
• Evaluate investments, acquisitions and expenditures against financial and strategic objectives and make recommendations accordingly.
• Lead and support HBO MAX with Ads product strategic analysis, executive leadership reporting, forecast and budget processes and lead communication of key metrics communication.
• Support sales efforts to create revenue opportunities collaborating across WarnerMedia.
• Support merger & acquisition initiatives.
• Anticipate management requests for information and analysis and take initiative to change or enhance processes as needed.
• Provide competitive analysis and insights into our peer competition.
• Ability to succeed and support team in a project based, ambiguous environment.
• Stay abreast of technology and data strategy operational roadmaps centered around Audience Monetization Solutions.
• Lead staff, coordinating projects and deadlines, coaching team and promoting best practices.
• Bachelor's degree (MBA and/or CPA a plus) preferably with a focus on Finance, Accounting or Economics.
• Minimum of 8+ years of relevant work experience including financial modeling, new business planning, research gathering, presenting and support of executive teams.
• Outstanding analytical and modeling skills with sound knowledge of corporate finance and accounting.
• Experience in a role with demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
• Ability to communicate and make high level presentations to senior executives and manage multiple competing deliverables and clients.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Desire for ownership while operating independently in fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize while demonstrating sense of urgency.
• Proficient in all MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
• Media industry experience.
• Peoplesoft, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase or similar systems experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3v90-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.