Digital Production Manager
London, United Kingdom
As the Senior Producer of Connect the World with Becky Anderson, you join a highly ambitious and passionate team committed to growing our regional and global reputation as the definitive news brand in the Middle East and around the world.
Working alongside the Executive Editor, you'll oversee the production of the Emmy-award winning daily TV show from CNN's programming hub in Abu Dhabi. You are both strategic and creative in your editorial approach to broadcast TV and see huge value in our ambition to aggressively grow Connect the World's presence across Social and Digital platforms. You bring a wealth of experience and ideas and can't wait to get stuck in as you lead by example.
• Imagining, conceiving, and executing the production of this dynamic two-hour daily TV news show with one of the Network's highest profile anchors.
• Fostering a committed, passionate, and productive environment for a growing programming team.
• Taking the lead in the show's daily editorial meeting, you'll pitch the programming ''arc'' and then work with the producers and writers to bring your vision to life.
• Ensuring the show is a reflection of Becky Anderson's editorial priorities and excellence and captures her personality as a defining voice in News and Current Affairs.
• Working closely with newsgathering to ensure the show is where it needs to be on every story and gets the freshest, most impactful editorial lines.
• You'll constantly work with the Network's planners to identify and book a lively, diverse range of guests – from Newsmakers to culturally-relevant personalities – which provide a wide spectrum of interviews across the show.
• Alongside overseeing the smooth output of the show from the control room, you'll be ready to take the lead in coordinating with the global production teams in the event of breaking news coverage.
• Managing the logistics and editorial planning of shows in the field; always ready and willing to travel to wherever the story is.
• Amplifying the shows content through close liaison with other global programming teams and with Digital and PR.
• Ensuring all content is compliant with CNN's editorial standards and the show's mission statement.
• Thorough knowledge of international news, regional affairs and business news
• Substantial experience in broadcast journalism
• Excellent control room experience outputting newscasts
• Proven gallery skills
• Proven leadership skills
• Good knowledge of television production
• Excellent written and verbal English
• Strong experience in a news environment
• Experience working in the Middle East
The Nice to Haves:
• Languages other than English, especially regional languages, are an advantage.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.