- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
What will you be doing?
• The Newsdesk Producer will assign reporters to news and business stories across Asia, facilitating regional newsgathering demands, anticipating day-to-day deadlines in a timely and proactive manner.
• Respond to breaking news in conjunction with the International Desk, handling editorial requests and communicating across multiple CNN platforms
• Vet and produce the best content available for all CNN platforms
• Preparing Futures prospects for Asia, anticipating and understanding the varied program requirements and coordinating logistics for features and special events.
What do we need from you?
• At least 3+ years in journalism, preferably broadcasting
• Experience working as an assignment editor or news producer
• Field experience is also recommended
• Excellent news judgement, time management skills and attention to detail
• Good working knowledge of CNN newsgathering system, including satellites, package production, affiliate relationships and CNNI programming
• Deep understanding of digital and their newsgathering and production needs
• Proficient in using social media and understanding how CNN can harness social media platforms for stories
• Good people skills drive and determination and an ability to coordinate across regional hubs
• Sound understanding of political, social and economic impact of events and issues across the region
• Excellent command of the English language; other Asian or foreign languages are very beneficial