This position is within the Warner Media News & Sports Line of Business team and is a key member responsible for preparing and reviewing management reporting packages and providing leadership to senior financial analysts. This role also provides critical support to segment special projects and key strategic initiatives.
Accounting and Financial Reporting:
• Consistently prepare and publish accurate and meaningful consolidated month-end financial statements and reporting packages for the segment on a timely basis.
• Participate in month-end close meetings with Finance to communicate financial results.
• Provide value-added ad hoc financial reports and analysis as appropriate.
• Understand the company's accounting policies and procedures. Provide guidance to segment finance teams on adhoc accounting questions.
• Provide to segment finance select information on balance sheet accounts and schedules as required.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
• Evaluate and understand changes to the monthly consolidated segment forecasts
• Prepare forecast accuracy and other analyses to support decision making
• Provide consolidated budget and forecast comparative reporting to Senior Finance Leadership and WM FP&A.
• Prepare and present meaningful forecast data and key business updates to Global Business Services on a monthly basis.
• Prepare reporting for segment leadership as requested to show the results of the operations.
• Prepare consolidated Cash Flow forecast drivers and variance explanations.
• Prepare annual budget reporting. Collaborate with WM FP&A, Process & Systems Group and Finance leadership as required to communicate global assumptions, budget adjustments and segment specific budget activities and deadlines. Assist with budget deck preparation as required.
• Support the Sports operations by providing required reporting and analysis (Actual, Forecast, Budget) in compliance with sports leagues' special event contracts/agreements
• Minimum 5 years accounting and forecasting experience, including at least 3 years of supervisory experience preferred
• Advanced analytical skills, and strong technical accounting skills supported by proficiency in all MS Office applications and ESSBASE/Hyperion applications
• Candidates must demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, and in-depth process improvement skills.
• Strong written, oral and presentation skills; effective communicator at all levels of the organization; ability to influence others.
• High level of executive presence with s trong problem resolution skills, and a high degree of integrity, tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the organization.
• Results oriented with an ability to set clear goals and priorities and deliver timely, high quality services.
• Strong organizational skills, project/task management experience and cross-functional coordination skills.
• Change agent with strong collaboration skills.